What's the job?
Location: Food Centre Wales, Horeb, Llandysul, plus other locations where work may be required to be undertaken. E.g. site visits
Salary: Grade 10 (GBP 30,153 - GBP 31,601)
Contract: Temporary - Maternity cover
Hours: 37 hours per week, Job share considered
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the food and drink industry in Wales as a Food Technologist working at our purpose built Innovation & Manufacturing Hub in Food Centre Wales, Horeb, West Wales.
Postholder is required to supervise groups of internal staff and external contractors.
The postholder will be expected to provide technical advice and assistance to clients - individuals, companies and organisations, seeking help in food and drink project development ideas, including organisation and planning of activities and use of the Innovation & Manufacturing Hub.
The key responsibilities are;
- Day to day management, organisation and planning of activities and use of the Innovation & Manufacturing Hub building
- Provide technical advice to clients
- Prepare proposals for project development work
- Prepare reports for use by clients and the Centre
- Presenting and assisting in delivery of training courses. Seminars and workshops – these may be practical and theoretical
- Maintaining records and documentation for tracking and monitoring of work undertaken
- To represent the Food Centre at promotional events and exhibitions
- To stimulate interest in food product development
- To promote the development of the Business Park facilities and opportunities at Food Centre Wales.
What do you need?
The post asks for someone who can illustrate innovative thinking and respond with practical solutions to problem solving. Candidates should be self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative but to meet agreed deadlines in reporting back to clients and the Centre.
Educated to degree level of equivalent in a Food Technology Degree or related subject.
English essential skills:
- Listening/Speaking = Level 4
- Reading = Level 4
- Writing = Level 4
*Welsh essential skills:
- Listening/Speaking = Level 1
- Reading = Level 1
- Writing = Level 1
*Note: The successful candidate will be required to learn the language within 2 years of being appointed if he/she is not currently a Welsh speaker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dealing with people at all levels.
- A range of imaginative solutions or responses to problem solving including an application of fresh and innovatory thinking.
- Good project management and problem solving skills.
- A practical and logical approach, team orientated with an eye for detail.
- Able to interpret and communicate complex information.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and manage time effectively.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence
- Experience within a technical discipline in food manufacturing.
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP, NPD process, Food Legislation and Food Safety Principles.
- Working knowledge of 3rd party accreditation systems.
- Ability to deliver Food Hygiene Level 2 &3 training.
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable, though not essential for the post.
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking the link below, then click 'general vacancies' and search 'Food Technologist'
For an informal discussion contact Angela Sawyer, Senior Food Technologist on 01559 362230 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Interviews will take place week beginning 21/5/2018