Award in Food Allergen Awareness
This course aims to ensure that all staff are compliant with the changes which were made to EU law in 2014. These changes mean that those working with food must have the sufficient knowledge to be able to inform consumers of the allergens and ingredients which different foods contain. The course teaches you about the 14 allergens and where they can be found, as well as methods to prevent contamination and maintain a high level of food hygiene.
- The 14 allergens
- Changes to legislation
- Allergens in different foods
- Meeting legal requirements
- Storing, packaging and labelling food
- Displaying and selling food
- Allergies and intolerance
- Identifying and responding to allergic reactions
- Maintaining food hygiene
- Responsibilities to staff and customers
Who is course useful for?
The course is designed for anyone whose role involves working with food, regardless of which sector this might be in:
- Food Transportation
- Kitchen staff