Designed for intermediate / advanced hobbyists and professionals alike, in this intensive and comprehensive two-day masterclass, and using only the finest ingredients, you will learn how to bake three of our most sought-after flavours.
Under the expert guidance of Nichola, the ONLY Great Taste Award winning chef to teach baking courses, learn how to correctly cut, level, layer and fill your cakes. You will also learn how to correctly cover your cakes with buttercream, ganache and fondant for a professional finish as well as how to finish and present your cakes.
You will learn everything you need to know to make a professional single tier cake that is also suitable for stacking as part of a tiered cake, and you will have three delicious creations of your own to take home
During the class you will learn:
- How to bake our favourite Chocolate cake
- How to bake the perfect Fruit cake
- How to bake our Madagascan Vanilla sponge cake
- How to adapt the sponge recipe to make many other flavours
- How to cut, and level your cakes
- How to make our sumptuous buttercream for filling & covering your cake
- How to adapt the buttercream recipe to make other delicious flavours.
- How to layer and fill your cake
- How to crumb coat your cake with buttercream for a professional finish
- How to correctly cover a fruit cake with fondant
- How to ganache your cake to give professional sharp edges, a vital skill for hobbyists and professionals alike
- How to dress and present your cakes
- Expert guidance, tips, tricks and answers to all the questions you may have!
*Please note* the class size will be limited to four people ensuring that you will, irrespective of skill level, have the opportunity to maximise your learning experience at a pace suitable for you
What do you need to bring?
All you need to bring is yourself (and a packed lunch if you wish) as all ingredients, equipment and tools, including an apron will be provided for you on the day.
There will also be a 1-hour break for lunch. We are based in Neath town centre where you will find numerous cafés and places to eat. Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the class.
10% discount on any purchases made from Cake Academy Wales during the day of class, as well as 10% off future classes booked on the day
Payment & Cancellation:
Full payment is required at time of booking. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the course costs if you need to cancel your booking.
We reserve the right to cancel the class if we do not have the minimum required number of students booked. However, in the unlikely event that we must cancel a class, you will be offered a full refund or a transfer of your booking to another class of the same price.