CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering, Retail & Manufacturing (QCF)
This qualification is aimed at managers and supervisors working in a small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail business sectors. It is particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Who is this qualification aimed at?
In line with the National Occupational Standards, this qualification provides a thorough understanding of food safety procedures with emphasis on the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
Course objectives and learning outcomes include:
- Food safety hazards
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Prevention of contamination and food poisoning
- Personal hygiene of staff
- Premises, equipment and pest control
- Workplace and equipment design
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementation of food safety and management procedure/tools
Successful completion can lead to the Level 4 in Managing Food Safety.